- POSITION SUMMARY:
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a successful reinsurance/syndicate Insurance business as a Corporate Accountant. This role will support the Corporate Finance function with payroll responsibilities. The role will be responsible for overseeing the administration and accounting of the monthly payroll and benefits for the business. In addition, the position will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance function with budgeting, accounts payable, expense analysis, internal and external reporting requirements and ad hoc project work.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the Corporate Finance with preparation of accurate and timely financial reporting and management information.
- Support the Cash/ Accounts Payable Team.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly expense variance analysis.
- Assist with annual budget process.
- Support the compiling of the statutory filings.
- Review monthly outsourced payroll for multiple international regions.
- Manage outsourced payroll vendor.
- Post monthly salary journals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly compensation & benefits variance analysis.
- Prepare Annual Compensation budgets for multiple international regions
- Complete the Annual Directors' Remuneration Certificates for London & Dublin.
- Assist with ad-hoc payroll and benefit queries for employees in multiple international regions.
- Ensure payroll process is SOX compliant.
- Provide internal and external auditors with information related to quarterly reviews and year-end audit, including SOX404 processes for payroll and benefits.
- Support the Finance Director, Global & Local Finance and HR Teams with ad-hoc reporting relating to corporate finance or compensation and benefits for internal or external reporting purposes or special projects as needed.
- SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE NECESSARY:
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 2 years' Accounting Firm experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' post-qualification experience.
- University degree preferred with an emphasis on business, finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting for and administering payroll and benefits preferred.
- Working knowledge of a SOX 404 environment.
- Experience working with General Ledger reporting applications is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally with various internal and external parties.
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Office.