This role focuses on delivering best value for money to our customer base as well as the wider organisation, this will be achieved by ensuring that our network promotes a sustainable supplier base and best in class operations. Continuous improvement will be a key focus via innovation, utilisation and efficiencies.
My client are a global third party logistics provider renowned for the ability to adapt to different industries on an international basis.
- Ensure that tender responses are analysed and solution proposals drafted for review and consideration. Benefits analysis to be reported and logged.
Responsibility for setting up new supplier accounts including ensuring all local and central requirements are fully met and communicated
Support the Business Development team by consolidating pre-rating information multi-faceted cost base and proposing best fit solutions
Manage business cost matrix maintenance (uploading of rates from tenders, data cleansing, admin support to Control Tower) and ensure open book publication to customers are as per SLA's
To lead and manage a structured ongoing analysis of all relevant expenditure within specific commodity/service ranges, ensuring all in-scope Procurement expenditure is actively managed to obtain maximum value for money.
Supplier cost base management by evaluating and qualifying existing and new supplier opportunities.
Working closely with internal & external stakeholders to support the Network Procurement Manager in developing carrier sourcing strategy, negotiating best fit models to exceed service and procurement objectives with both existing and new suppliers as required.
Develop Supplier SLAs and ensure adherence to contractual obligations via KPI implementation and management. Support contract renewals and re-negotiations.
Represent department in periodic business reviews with both customers and supplier
Support and guide Network Analyst and Market Analyst by providing information and input as required
- Take responsibility for themselves and others at all times, adhering to the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management
- Working with cross functional internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- A successful track record in implementing governance and reporting processes
- Influence others to adhere to new processes and procedures
- Provide assistance during the implementation of new business in relation to tendering and any Haulier incumbents
- Highly data literate with experience of writing clear and concise tenders
- Working in a fast-moving procurement environment
- Excellent communication skills to encompass both written and verbal
- Demonstrating an excellent understanding of both the business and customer's requirements.
Demonstrate in-depth understanding of a number of different and highly complex distribution networks leading to the ability to identify gaps, root causes and challenges for improvement (Quality, Service and Cost).
Competitive Salary and benefits
Exceptional training and development