I am currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to join my client based in the Oxfordshire area. The company design and manufacture bespoke instrumentation for their clients. You will be negotiating contracts of high value components from existing and new suppliers. This is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to build a procurement process and team within a company that has been growing year on year.
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products;
- Keep a constant check on stock levels;
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- Develop a purchasing strategy
- produce reports and statistics
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
Skills and experience:
- Purchasing / Procurement in a technical manufacturing or engineering environment
- Supervisory or man-management skills
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of Contract Law and Regulations related to procurement & contracts
- Purchasing & Supply chain systems, LEAN Principles of planning, and MRP/EPR Systems
- Basic ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ideally, some knowledge of International Shipping, Export Control Procedures & regulations but all training will be provided.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE.
Please apply for further information on this fantastic opportunity.