Macildowie are pleased to be working with a huge nationwide company based in Newark.
My client is looking to expand their team and recruit a Buyer.
This role would suit an assistant with a Buying or Purchasing background and somebody that would want to progress their career in purchasing.
The Client is willing to pay for and support a CIPS qualification and there are lots of opportunities for progression within the department in the future as the team gets bigger.
In this role you will be ultimately responsible for the replenishment, ordering and management of stock by driving supplier performance, reducing cost and delivering a great customer service.
Your key duties in the role will be:
* To place orders and manage the ordering, supply and return of products.
* Communicate with all areas of the business.
* Ensure all documentation and systems processes are carried out correctly and efficiently.
* To chase supplier deliveries and to improve supplier lead times.
* Ensure all tasks are carried out on time and within budget.
* Work with goods in department to resolve problem orders and drive supplier compliance.
* Resolve invoice queries.
To be successful in this role you will need:
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Understanding of procurement principles and to have worked in a purchasing department.
* Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly in Excel.
For the successful candidate my client is offering a starting salary of £18,500 + up to a 15% bonus and full support of CIPS qualification.
The Working hours are Monday -Thursday 8-4 & Friday 9-5.
If you are interested in this role then please apply as soon as possible.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.