IT Projects Technician
Sevenoaks Prep is a school with so many ideas that we need another technical brain to help us.
We are seeking a new IT Projects Technician to support our teachers and to lead or assist with IT projects.
What will I be doing in the role?
Examples of recent projects
- Coding - Modern IT Lessons teach pupils to program robots. You might be asked to evaluate and configure the development environments for them to use.
- IT in the Classroom - Our iPad programme is embedding mobile devices into our lessons. We need someone to assist with setting up those iPads and helping staff out as they learn to use them.
- Virtual Reality - We are experimenting with the benefits of immersive learning in virtual reality. You might have been asked to source or build a high-end PC to support this.
For some projects, you will be asked to take the lead, with guidance from our IT & Network Manager. You will gather requirements from staff, research possible options, communicate with suppliers, plan and implement the project. This is experience valuable for career progression to an IT manager role.
Technical support makes up roughly half the role. Our young pupils will always be inventing new problems for you to solve. Our teachers will need your assistance with their ideas for educating with technology.
Am I who you are looking for?
Previous experience with educational IT support is not expected, but an applicant must have:
- a solid understanding of the fundamentals of a modern computer network, either through secondary or higher education or previous experience;
- research skills - experience of seeking out, compiling information and presenting a report.
A full job description is available at theprep.org.uk in the "prep life" menu under vacancies. If you are a self-motivated individual with the necessary skills, please apply to join us.
Sevenoaks Preparatory School is an independent school for ages 2 to 13 located in Godden Green, on the edge of Sevenoaks. Our ethos is one of strong pastoral care, nurturing each child and supporting parents and children alike.
This is an 18 month, term contract position, with potential to extend.
5 weeks’ holiday per annum.
Salary £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience.
Apply on the school website at theprep.org.uk in the "prep life" menu under vacancies.
Closing date for applications: 3rd April
Interviews expected to be 19th, 20th April.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and DBS.