Digital News Editor - London
Digital News Editor - London (Competitive Salary + benefits)
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
The News Editor is responsible for managing Bupa's global newsroom. Through a journalistic approach to source and create stories you will manage the newsroom editorial agenda for Bupa across the UK; find and write interesting human-centred stories bringing to life what Bupa does, and create close relationships with press teams from across Bupa to collaborate on campaigns and content creation.
You'll be a positive, energetic person who has a proven record of being able to generate high quality content, integrate imagery, design and video effectively, and will have experience of running a publishing calendar.
Working across Group and UK teams, you'll have full planning and scheduling responsibilities, coordinating activity across teams and creating supporting assets to suit different channels.
As an expert storyteller, you'll have an eye for the best pictures and video, writing and commissioning stories that helps communicate what we do in a human-centred, emotional way.
And you'll have a good understanding of digital media and be able to spot and anticipate trends - creating original content that is highly shareable.
- Manage our global newsroom by sourcing, scheduling and planning stories to publish from across Bupa globally, aligned to our overall external communications strategy
- Champion and embed a journalistic style and approach to managing and delivering a robust editorial content calendar aligned to priority areas
- Manage the newsroom section on our corporate website including full CMS editorial responsibilities
- Create engaging, original content in a variety of formats, including video, bringing to life what Bupa does as a business globally, including news announcements, profiles, long-form thought leadership and people or customer stories
- Build close relationships with press teams from across Bupa to schedule and amplify content, collaborate on content creation, and coordinate newsroom campaigns
- Work with social media leads to execute social campaigns and amplify newsroom content across a variety of owned channels
- Chair editorial board meetings with key newsroom stakeholders to plan and deliver agreed editorial plans
- Deliver strong measurement, insights and reporting dashboards to evaluate content strategy and demonstrate the value newsroom adds to our business goals
- Implement robust content auditing and review processes
- Maintain high content creation standards aligned to our global digital brand guidelines and SEO best practice
- Commission freelance editors when necessary, and manage their work quality / quantity
- Excellent storytelling abilities in written and visual form, with experience of producing content in a variety of formats
- Have an ability to research ideas thoroughly and develop these into fully fledged narratives
- Ability to create strong relationships with senior stakeholders in order to unearth content ideas and produce content
- Ability to manage a network of freelancers and external agencies with professionalism and authority
- Experience of managing and executing an editorial publishing calendar
- Strong editorial eye and unwavering attention to detail
- Website management experience: technical and editorial (experience with Sitecore CMS an advantage)
- Deadline-oriented and able to keep other stakeholders to agreed deadlines
- A strong team player and extremely self-motivated
- Photoshop and InDesign skills would also be a bonus
Freedom of action
- Ability to manage an unpredictable workload due to the changing requirements of the role and organisation
- Working routinely to tight, often conflicting deadlines, with the ability to switch confidently and knowledgeably between subjects with frequent interruptions
- Objectives and training will be set by the job holder with agreement, guidance and advice from their line manager
- You will be given authority to make decisions in relation to the areas within their control without constant upward reference
- Contributes to budget discussions and has accountability for specific projects