Production Systems Support Assistant - Manufacturing
THOMAS Recruitment are exclusively recruiting for an experienced Production Systems Support Assistant to join our prestigious client based in Cwmbran, Wales. Our client is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual to provide an efficient and effective day-to-day service in respect of IT hardware and software support within the Production department. The successful candidate will provide first line support to the Production department on all IT-related issues, taking necessary action to rectify issues and problems as they arise, in a timely and efficient manner.
The successful candidate must be able to work 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. However, flexibility will be required in order to meet the requirements of the business and could include occasional late, night or weekend working and an element of call-out, a company phone will be included. The basic salary for this role is £17,000 - £20,000, depending on experience.
- Take part in project teams to establish production-based requirements for IT and IT-related systems and equipment, ensuring the IT department’s position and viewpoints are communicated.
- Liaise with the IT Support Engineer to establish the required equipment/services required so as to order in a timely manner.
- Ensure that services required for new/replacement equipment is in place (such as cabling, power, network points etc.) prior to receipt of such equipment.
- Install new and/or replacement equipment as per project/departmental specifications.
- Carry out familiarisation training for new and existing members of staff in the correct use of new and/or replacement equipment.
- Log service calls for faulty/defective equipment in order to facilitate and efficient and effective level of customer service.
- Properly dispose of IT related equipment, stripping defective items of serviceable parts and maintaining a store of usable parts.
- Assist with building end-user equipment (such as laptops and PC’s), ensuring all software is installed and hardware provided for.
- To succeed in this role they will be good at dealing with people at all levels within an organisation and will need to have a thorough understanding of computer hardware, Windows operating systems, peripherals and computer networking.
- They will have a positive, flexible and adaptable attitude and have the initiative and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- They will enjoy working as part of a supportive team but will be keen to establish themselves as capable of managing their support tasks independently.
- It will be beneficial for them to have previous hands-on experience within a manufacturing environment.
- They will ensure all software-related issues are dealt with promptly and that all software is relevant and up-to-date by way of meeting the update schedule.
The Successful Candidate:
- BTEC or GNVQ Level 2 in Computer Studies. (Desirable)
- GCSE qualifications in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment. (Desirable)
- Previous hands-on IT experience with installing, maintaining and repairing a range of IT equipment.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8 & 10 and Microsoft.
- An understanding of computer networks. (Desirable)
- A familiarity with Windows Server. (Desirable)
- An ability to vary hours to fit with the needs of the business.