Principal Structural Engineer
A dynamic and ambitious Principal Structural Engineer is sought to join this reputable firm. This role will be to act as a Project and Team leader assisting with the running of the buildings design division in the Welwyn office of this design consultancy.
You will be responsible for hands on design, representing the firm to clients, running projects, managing a small design team and taking fiscal project responsibility.
The firm is a well established practice with several nationwide offices. The firm are Investors in People, IS09001 approved and hold various other accreditations. You will be reporting to a Director. This will be a high profile role with longer term opportunity for progression and advancement for the right candidate.
Key requirements for this candidate -
- Credible and professional Chartered Structural Engineer (MICE or MIStructE) with significant experience and knowledge of buildings design
- A respected professional
- Significant experience of managing projects and conceptual design
- Ability to confidently manage clients expectations
- Effective communicator both internally and externally
- Advanced problem solving capabilities
- Working on own initiative with energy and drive
- Extensive experience of most common building materials
- Sector knowledge in retail and data centres
- Build and maintain Client relations
- Ability to represent business at Senior level
- Technical capabilities to include TEDDS, British Standards & Euro-codes
- Team leadership skills
Remuneration package includes:
- Excellent basic salary
- Significant Bonus Scheme
- Holiday - 25 days plus BH's
- Death in service benefit and life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Professional membership fees paid
- Car allowance
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of relevant experience coupled with a genuine desire to progress.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.