Creche Assistant Part Time
Contract: Fixed Term, one yea r
Location: Basildon, Billericay, Wickford areas
Salary: £14,447 - £16,300 per annum FTE (£7.64 - £8.44 per hour)
Hours: As and when, zero hour's contract, term time only.
Working as part of an as and when crèche team to provide effective, pleasant and caring service to children of centre students.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex.
Job Purpose Summary:
Provide a safe and caring environment for children, promoting positive attitudes to race, culture, gender, religion and abilities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Liaise with parents/guardians
* Plan, lead and review a range of activities for the children
* Provide support for the emotional and physical needs of the children as required
* Attend staff meetings
* Support the delivery of the required crèche services in respective centres including outreach
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries
* Take part in training and development activities
* Ensure responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Early Years care and Education or equivalent
- Driving license and access to own vehicle is essential, as you will be requested to travel between different centres
- Minimum level 2 Childcare qualification or working towards maybe considered.
- Significant ability to work effectively in all situations and circumstances.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of planning activities and play opportunities to develop children's emotional, physical, social and intellectual capabilities.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
- Extensive induction programmes
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave (full-time equivalent)
- Continued service benefits
- Staff discounts in gyms/travel agents/car sales/restaurants/days out
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.