Social Media & Community Specialist (Location Independent: Basingstoke or Weybridge)
As an integral part of our PR and Social in-house team within Sony PSE (Professional Solutions Europe), our Social Media and Community Specialist will have the opportunity to take control of the company’s social media output across new and existing channels.
Your experience in growing a community through social media channels will enable you to drive high engagement rates and click throughs for an ever-growing customer base.
This role is location independent and the person can be based in Basingstoke or Weybridge.
Working within the PR, Social and Marketing teams you’ll develop best in class social media campaigns for Sony to meet their business objectives, driving customer interaction online.
Be the main editor and copywriter for Sony’s owned social media channels, managing and executing a central calendar of activity
Use your knowledge of scheduling tools (including HootSuite and TweetDeck) to effectively grow the brand's social media presence. Analytics will be an important factor in this role, as you will be required to provide reports on social media performance using insights to optimise content production.
Monitor and train internal staff members to use social media on behalf of the brand and support them in their own content creation.
Be the eyes and ears of Sony’s brand as if your own reputation depended on it
Engage online with key customers and influencers to build relations, participating in conversations that surround our content and brand.
Working with digital and design teams to create campaign content for our social media feeds.
Manage all tracking, tagging and optimisation of content
Report and analyse social campaign performance to provide recommendations and insight for revised tactics
Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand and escalate to appropriate parties. This includes work closely with the customer service team to ensure the best social customer response experiences.
Monitor and identify competitor activity
Manage an external digital agency to scale content deliverables and analytics as when required.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree
- Minimum 2+ years experience in an international technology company or digital communications agency
- You will have demonstrable experience in a similar role with social/ media community management experience and creative experience of writing blog posts and high performing social media copy. You will have extensive knowledge of all social media platforms and a good eye for design and brand. B2B experience is a distinct advantage.
- Be proficient across a range of Social Listening Tools
- An affinity with technology
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter,
- Wikis, Periscope, blogs, etc…We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work on his/her own and be independent on a project, while being a good team player
- Highly organised and a strong project manager who can meet deadlines and maintain stakeholder relations - this role is fast paced
- Ability to work cross culturally and communicate social media results and best practices to management in multicultural environment.
- Ability to think on their feet at tradeshows and events