Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30 - 5.30pm, 1 in 4 Saturdays 9am - 12pm
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Administration Director, the Purchase Ledger is responsible for the processing of Supplier invoices, reconciling Supplier statements and highlighting service discrepancies to the Administration Director within the timescales set by the company.
- Processing Supplier invoices received into the office via post or email (Clearing).
- Checking these invoices against the expected service recorded on the database and marking any invoices that have discrepancies so that Purchase Ledger Query can notify the supplier of any errors.
- Where the service on any invoice is not as expected, recording this to report to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor for further investigation.
- Completing Purchase Orders/Extras within Filemaker for Sales Ledger to produce the customers invoice with the correct information needed by the customer.
- Electronic Posting of Supplier invoices in Sage, ensuring that the information is entered correctly to enable Nominal Ledger to make accurate payment.
- Ensuring proper destruction of scanned/processed paperwork.
- Reconciling of Supplier statements notifying the Purchase Ledger Team Leader of any errors that need to be corrected and contacting the supplier regarding any missing invoices.
- Calculating the amount for payment by Nominal Ledger.
- Weekly Stationary stock takes and liaising with Nominal Ledger to maintain stock levels.
- Assisting Sales Ledger with the folding and enveloping of customer invoices ready for Whistl post collection as required.
- Printing of Supplier invoices received via email.
- Assist Customer Services when required to help maintain the levels of customer service expectation of the customers.
- Experience within a similar role would be preferred however candidates with a strong administrative background and a willingness to learn will be considered
- Exceptional organisational skills and comfortable working with numbers