Legal Support Counsel
Where will I be working?
Within a central Oxford based organisation, working within a niche and interesting sector with an academic slant and an international setting. A warm, supportive working culture awaits within lovely offices.
What will I be doing?
talented Legal Counsel to join the expanding Legal team based in our Oxford Office.
About the role
The Junior Legal Counsel will use their knowledge of UK law to provide contracts management expertise and support the commercial activity of the business. They will be expected to work closely with the business, partnering to:
- Review client contracts, partnership, pre-bid and other legal documents and identify any risks
- Design and implement policies and processes to streamline interactions between the legal team and other teams and processes
- Advise consultants, project support teams and central teams as necessary on legal issues
- Support the business with compliant establishment of new country offices
This will be achieved by:
- Reviewing legal agreements, using legal expertise and experience to assess and contain the risks
- Work with the other Legal team members to ensure quick allocation of work, ascertaining where work needs to be adjusted in line with capacity and to ensure that the SLA is adhered to.
- Legal research and monitoring legal updates and disseminating information to the business where necessary in a business-friendly format.
- Review and drafting of policies and updating in line with legal developments.
- Design and maintenance of a central repository for legal information.
- Assessing bids at an early stage, providing input into the bid/no bid decision and highlighting risks.
- Instruct and liaise with external counsel regarding establishment of new country offices
- Support to ensure filings are up to date with Companies House
What skills and experiences are required?
The successful candidate for this role would need to demonstrate:
- Legal qualification
- Knowledge of UK Law and experience of UK contracts is a must
- At least 2 years PQE
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Positive and proactive attitude. Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to details
What else do I need to know?
This role is central Oxford based and does NOT offer parking on site.
This role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and excellent benefits are offered alongside a competitive salary.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.