Settlements Associate - Glasgow - Competitive Salary
I am working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Settlements Associate to join a leading Investment Banking group in Glasgow city centre. It has an attractive hourly rate on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Settlement Associate role:
The Cash Settlements Team is responsible for all aspects of settlement for Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Credit, Interest Rate, and Equity OTC derivatives trades post-booking. The position requires daily interaction with various broker clients globally as well as internal sales and trading desks, other Operations groups, and technology teams. Our mission is to provide business units with cost-effective, highly efficient and product agnostic full settlements services, enriching our client's experience and strengthening client relationships.
Team Responsibilities - Are you this person
Fixed Income and Equity OTC Derivatives products, Foreign Exchange, and Commodities
- Daily communication with clients to agree upcoming cash flows
- Investigation and resolution of client fails through various means, including daily interaction with trading desks, sales desks and middle office groups to ensure prompt resolution
- Reconciliation and analysis of aged breaks
- Client and Business Unit relationship management
- Responding to client queries relating to position breaks, corporate action bookings and reporting
- Collaborating with Operational management, sales, and trading desks to diminish risk through escalation and strong communication
- Acting as a process owner and being accountable for all outstanding items
- Developing and improving existing processes and reporting
- Working as part of the global settlements team to assist with development, testing & implementation of internal system changes
Skills required (essential):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency