Digital Transformation Business Partner
My client is one of the leading charities in their sector and are well known throughout the UK. They operate through centralised services, work in partnership with government at national and local level and own and operate a large retail network. They have direct contact with their service users and the professionals that also work across the sector.
As part of their digital transformation strategy, the organisation is looking for a digital Transformation Business Partner who can help define and shape the internal work streams and ensure that digital technology opportunities are harnessed and embraced as a method of enhancing the critical work the organisation undertakes for those in need of support.
This is an opportunity for someone to make a real difference to a charity that helps a significant section of our society. You will have unbridled scope to affect change through the use of digital technology, in order to help make the organisation more effective & efficient. You will be passionate, end user focused, empathetic, keen to build relationships and have drive to ensure that digital strategy is intrinsic to all future growth and capability.
- You will work across all areas of the organisation to become a trusted Business partner and will be responsible for supporting the group technology and digital strategy.
- It is essential that you can take a consultative approach to working with your colleagues, you should be able to ask the right questions and be aware of digital solutions to improve efficiency, resource allocation and contact with those that use the charity. You should be articulate and have the ability to engage stakeholders as they progress along the digital journey.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding organisation objectives, challenges & needs.
- You will be tasked with scoping digital solutions that help with the organisations challenges. It is therefore imperative that you are passionate about all things digital, you should be abreast of new technology in the market, be engaged with competitor activity and want to ensure that the organisation, where appropriate is using the latest digital technology.
- The relationship with your colleagues will allow you develop new services, test prototypes, and champion the user and organisations needs. Your projects will be driven by a user led approach and will develop using direct data from user insight.
- This role is critical to being able to support the development of roadmaps, project plans and budgets. You will be required to provide evidence and Organisation cases to request funding and encourage engagement with external partners where required.
- You should be intrinsically able to motivate digital change. You should be able to translate technical solutions to different teams within the organisation, support their digital maturity and ensure that there is continuous development of digital and technological opportunities.
- Part of the journey that the organisation will undertake is reliant on data derived from technological and digital products already in place. The successful candidate should be able to understand the monetary value of the advances already put in place and articulate the value of these products for their users. Users will be internal stakeholders as well as the end service user i.e. those that the charity is in direct contact with.
- For the projects you are involved in, you will be expected to track performance, setting milestones and performance metrics will ensure the results are used for future developments.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of consulting in a digital change management or transformational environment.
- You should be aware and comfortable operating in the field of user centred design and user experience strategy. You should have experience in a similar digital or technology strategy focused role and should be able to demonstrate your ability to lead in product development.
- You should be an expert in managing strategic partnerships and the relationships between numerous stakeholders. You will be a collaborator, able to work across different Organisation streams and will possess infectious passion for digital innovation.
- Its is important that the right candidate will offer the relevant technology expertise to be able to offer the organisation a comprehensive portfolio of options. This may include experience in application design, content and document management systems CRM, data warehousing, groupware and portals.
Knowledge and Key Skills:
- You should be comfortable working autonomously. This role has enormous scope & freedom for the right candidate. Working in an exceptionally permissive environment allows you to lead on effective user centred design projects and critical initiatives.
- You will be open and approachable, collaboration is key in this role. You will be able to consult, advise and influence colleagues throughout the organisation. Your approach should be supportive, intelligence led, adaptive and flexible to the differing teams and needs you will come into contact with.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator. You will be required to present, negotiate and persuade stakeholders, while listening to their needs sympathetically. You should be able to convey advantages in technical advancement with non-technical colleagues.
- It is essential that you possess strong organisational skills, experience in lean/agile project approaches is advantageous.
You need to be a champion of digital strategy - your passion and drive to make real changes to the users of the charity will be at the heart of everything you do. You will be energetic, positive, determined and resilient. You will be expected to be a team player and used to working with diverse teams and stakeholders. You will be motivated by delivering social change using technology.