Telecoms Vendor Procurement - Latency
Telecoms Vendor Procurement to join the telco team of a leading Hedge Fund in the City of London
The Telecoms Vendor Procurement person will have telecoms experience as well as experience procuring services. The Telecoms Vendor Procurement professional will be responsible for the following;
- Manage supplier contracts for the EMEA with some support for Americas and APAC.
- Strategic sourcing and procurement of Layer 1 - Layer 3 private transport, colocation and managed services
- Identify new suppliers, work with existing suppliers, negotiates commercial terms, and work with in-house legal to negotiate and execute supplier’s contracts
- Develop supply strategies, including custom build efforts to suit global connectivity needs
- Manages performance of contracted services; tracking and ensuring compliance of suppliers with contracted T&Cs.
- Renegotiate contract terms as needed. Conducts score card reviews with key suppliers for continuous performance improvements
- Keeps up to date with the telecom wholesale market technological and commercial developments.
- Keeps track of price trends in the market to ensure best in class commercial terms
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand and develop network and capacity requirements
- Work closely with accounting and accounts payable for accurate processing of supplier invoices and compliance with accounting guidelines
- Manage expectations by communicating on a regular basis with all order delivery updates relating to projects
- Provide hands-on support for escalations and issue resolution
- Experience in strategic sourcing of IRUs, Dark Fibre, Wavelengths, Ethernet and managed services
- Understanding of, or exposure to, low latency market
- Experience in reviewing contracts/agreements for Service Level monitoring, determining changes to vendor services
- Good Telecoms experience
Salary to £Competitive + up to 30% bonus..
Please forward your CV urgently.