Health and Safety Manager
Our client is a major North East based manufacturing organisation. They operate from an impressive multi-site operation which is undergoing a huge amount of investment in all areas of the business.
Due the growth and expansion of the business they are now looking to recruit an experienced H&S Manager to support the organisation in all areas. If you are looking for a career move we would recommend you apply for this career defining opportunity.
- Providing Health, Safety, Environmental and Advice / Support to the senior management team.
- Assist and undertake all levels of performance monitoring including site inspections, accident investigations and report writing.
- Assist in the development of Health and Safety Management Systems including policy formulation, procedures and forms.
- To attend and chair project HSE Meetings.
- To undertake Audits and give recommendations on measures to be taken to meet current health and safety legislative requirements.
- To develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with site operators.
- Manage and report on site HSE KPI’s on a weekly/monthly basis
- Help maintain ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation developing the systems and processes based on continual improvement and the business need to a consistent standard in the corporate format.
- You must be focused, motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to communicate at all levels and within large groups.
- Manufacturing/industrial background would be ideal.
- You must be pro-active and keen, developing new initiatives and encouraging HSE ideas to improve the business.
- Qualified as a minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate or ideally Diploma level.
- Have active experience of OHSAS 18001 & ISO9001
- Minimum IOSH Graduate level qualified.
- Experience of RIDDOR reporting
- Knowledge of all relevant Legislation
- Knowledge of Environmental registration and permits
- Be computer literate
- Be willing to undertake further qualifications