The Macildowie Procurement & Supply Chain team have been engaged to recruit a Buyer to join the Milton Keynes based sourcing team of a leading FTSE 100 manufacturing business.
They are looking to appoint a pro-active, creative and driven Buyer to manage the purchase of materials and goods. This person will thrive on the challenge of achieving to deadlines and consistently meeting goals.
This is a newly created role that will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to influence the shape and scope of the position.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Purchase goods and materials to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Purchase goods and materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a manufacturing environment
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.