Absolute Accountancy are recruiting for an ambitious qualified accountant to join a fast growth, entrepreneurial SME as Financial Controller. Reporting directly to the Directors of the business and managing a team of two, this role would suit a commercially minded FC, with aspirations to grow into an FD. Along with providing financial reporting and management information, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in improving processes and aiding strategic decision making.
- Take ownership of the finance function and manage the team
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Variance Analysis
- Business Partnering with Senior Management Team
- Weekly and monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Developing processes and controls
- Oversee audit process and preparing of statutory accounts
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in a SME business
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong Excel and system skills (ideally Sage line 50)
- Aspirations to grow into a Finance Director
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles.