Sales Data Strategist
Sales Data Strategist
client is a dynamic and fast paced company that is constantly adapting to change. We are rapidly expanding with more than 500 employees at the moment, with immediate plans for further growth in all areas. Since we launched in 2000, we’ve established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy. We have recently transitioned from a singular business (client) to a broader group structure incorporating client Energy, client Labs, client Ventures, client Investments, client Property and client Healthcare
About the role
This exciting new role will sit within the Sales team with the sole responsibility for reviewing and undertaking data analysis to then lead, influence and drive the sales team behaviour and activity. You will proactively equip the BDM team with qualified sales opportunities having identified them using a combination of our Management information, purchased MI for example Touchstone and Matrix, and distributor provided MI.
Essential Job Functions
• ?• To analyse data on historical supporters and supporter habits and to provide BDMs with suggestions on prospective targets
• ?• Based on historic data work alongside the Strategic Partnership team to ensure that the advisory firms with the highest potential/propensity to transact with client are highlighted to the BDMs
• ?• Based on data reviews, suggest targeted joint campaigns and initiatives for the Business Development Management, Product Development and Marketing teams to deliver
• ?• To analyse the effectiveness of BDM activity and suggest alternative targeting approaches
• ?• To analyse Touchstone and Matrix data to identify new potential target firms for BDMs to develop relationships with
• ?• To continually review the effectiveness of all of the above to ensure that the quality and quantity of leads delivered is always improving
• ?• To identify new target markets and key players that allow access to those markets (eg Private Banks, Solicitors)
• ?• To provide the Sales Management team with intelligence on sales process and trends that can feed into the longer term sales strategy
• ?• To develop the current suite of BDM Management Information.
• ?• Present to and work closely together with a wide group of (senior) stakeholders
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• ?• Previous experience of data analysis and data mining
• ?• Proven analysis skills enabling commercial decisions about sales strategy
• ?• Must have had exposure to the sales process
• ?• Proficient with advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word functionality
• ?• Clear, concise and articulate with an ability to be influential when needed
• ?• Presentation skills
• ?• High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At client, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.