Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a ‘great place to work’ and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice company, Brakes Group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers
To work as part of the category team and provide support to the technical managers in delivering effective supplier management & product compliance.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Awareness of the category & procurement strategies, supporting the team to achieve objectives.
- Understanding of technical priorities.
- Supporting key categories with additional technical resource to help manage supplier and product issues and drive improvements in the categories.
- Assisting the Technical Managers by providing, analysing, and reporting on technical data and information such as complaints and depot rejections to support product improvements.
- Supporting the review, evaluation, and compliance with, company technical policies and product risk plan including document control management and due diligence.
- Maintaining an awareness of current legislation and carrying out audit work to establish compliance of Brakes brand product and systems with relevant legislation.
- Supporting the co-ordination of relevant product surveillance programmes/risk action plans liaising with suppliers and contract labs as appropriate.
- Using the Assure database to maintain product and supplier data, conduct spec audits and carry out database searches as appropriate.
- Undertaking product quality assessments as required.
- Providing general admin support and dealing with customer queries.
- Review product specifications.
- Generate pack copy and review first draft artwork.
- Attend product panels as required.
- Prepare supplier communication pack on a monthly basis.
- Support Technical Manager in resolving issues as they arise.
- Support Technical Manager in delivering specific projects as they arise.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well-organized and effective project management skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach Ability to prioritise.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong IT skills.
- Food Science/Technology degree or similar.
- Supplier & product management experience.
- Lead assessor qualification.
- Broad portfolio of product expertise.
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.