Credit Servicing Manager
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who will play a key role in the development of a consumer credit servicing operation. Based in north Leeds, you will operationally lead and motivate a growing team of multi skilled staff servicing predominately consumer but also business and secured loans and mortgages across the whole lifecycle to arrears management within an FCA regulated environment.Department Information
Equiniti Credit Services develops market leading applications for the finance industry. The company employs highly experienced staff most of whom have extensive knowledge of both the finance industry and the technologies required to deliver effective, modern software and business process solutions.Core Duties/Responsibilities
- Establish and implement performance objectives, operating procedures, KPIs and targets and ensure these are met across all department functions.
- Work to continually identify opportunities for improvement and deliver focused innovation initiatives as part of strategic business plans.
- Build customer loyalty through both client and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain an on-going review of working practices to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet client needs.
- Ensure the team has the appropriate tools and equipment to perform.
- Organize and balance workflow across all areas within the function.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of client’s policies, procedures, and systems.
- Good understanding of consumer lending activities including products and services.
- Maintain relationship with other departments within the business (IT, Compliance, Accounts etc.).
- Proactively monitor daily and monthly reports to ensure accuracy, monitor servicing triggers and working any issues and exceptions.
- Review current processes and recommend process improvements as appropriate to enhance productivity, efficiency and customer service.
- Prepare, reconcile and validate loan data, account reconciliations, and financial transactions for accuracy.
- Interpret servicing agreements, regulatory requirements, and loan documents to ensure service level requirements are being met.
- Prepare and deliver monthly andor quarterly business reviews to senior management and clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree education or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years industry experience, preferably in consumer credit lending or servicing operations.
- A detailed understanding of the compliance regime as it relates to the financial products being serviced.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while providing a high level of customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem resolution skills and strong PC skills.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines along with excellent time management skills.
- Flexible in approach, rational when faced with changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to perform in a strong customer oriented team environment utilizing strong leadership skills, professionalism and team work.
- Strong project management experience (managing deadlines/timelines, interacting with all levels of staff/departments and groups, etc.
- Prior experience developing policies, procedures, process flows and process improvement recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidate needs to be able to communicate and make presentations to all levels of staff and management.
- Have an understanding of the financial regulations affecting Consumer Credit (FCA background, DPA, Money Laundering, CCA).
- Have experience of managing and developing a Collections and Debt Recoveries team.
- Be a hands on manager, leading by example.
- Have the operational knowledge of a Call Centre environment.
- Be used/able to work shift patterns including weekends on a rota basis.