Junior Electrical Design Engineer
- Full Time
Junior Electrical Design Engineer for a multidisciplinary construction consultancy - Nottinghamshire - £25-30k
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary construction consultancy based in Nottinghamshire. They have offices all over the world and operate in most industry sectors. They work on extremely high profile and high value projects in the commercial, aviation/transportation, healthcare, retail, education, defence and residential sectors.
Your new role
You will be working closely with a principal Electrical Engineer and be and be responsible for developing electrical design, specifications and drawings for the following:
- Electrical systems for buildings and such as main distribution 400V, panel boards 400V, lighting systems
- Electrical substations 20kV/400V
- Lightning Protection Systems and Earthing Systems
- Specialist building systems such as Access Control system; Anti-Intrusion system; CCTV system; Fire Detection System; Telephone and Data Network -
- Airside Systems such as airfield lighting systems for runways and taxiways, 400Hz ground units and preconditioning for aircraft, passenger air bridge
What you'll need to succeed
Design experience of all the above not essential although some experience of airport electrical services would be desirable. The candidate should have a minimum of three years design experience and should be nearing Chartered Engineer status.
- HNC/HND/BEng in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Project,
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software;
- Knowledge of Dialux and electrical calculation software i.e. Amtech
What you'll get in return
- Salary £25,000 - 30,000
- 24 days holiday
- Company Pension contribution
- Life Assurance and Share Incentive Scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.