Head Of Finance
Head of Finance
We are recruiting for this full-time position at a holiday park in Devon. This family operated business is one of the leading park operators in the sector and is synonymous with offering five star family holidays on the Devon Coast.
The sector has seen huge growth in recent years and this position will form a key part of a new management team to facilitate the growth and performance of the business.
Reporting to the Directors and General Manager, the candidate will oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including managing a small finance team. The key aspects of the role will include the production of accurate and insightful financial information, managing a team, financial process improvement and strong system skills.
The candidate will be dynamic, professionally qualified and possess the ability to look after the entire accounting function within the business with strong leadership. They should have experience leading and developing a team.
Purpose Of The Role
The Head of Finance is responsible for the financial controls and reports of the company and ensuring these reports are accurate and on time. He or she will develop procedures and systems to improve financial controls and reports to aid decision-making. Ensure ledger functions including stock and invoice production are kept up-to-date and reconciled. Draft the annual report, manage the audit and ensure policies are appropriate. He or she will also assist the Directors with business planning and development tasks.
Business Planning Tasks
- Assist the General Manager and Directors in the preparation of the Business Plan. This is a rolling plan, which needs to be updated annually. The financial projections of the Plan should be updated annually following the approval of the annual budget.
- Prepare comprehensive revenue capital expenditure and cash flow budgets each financial year for approval of the Board.
- Produce accurate and timely financial information about the businesses financial status and performance to enable decisions to be taken relating to the businesses financial strength and security.
- Ensure that the Annual accounts are prepared in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with best practice for the approval of the Board. Act as the main point of contact with external auditors and provide them with all required information.
- Carry out any necessary internal audit reviews and monitor the financial effectiveness of systems and controls.
- Ensure that a daily record of cash balances, forecast cash movements are maintained, and ensure that surplus cash is invested to produce an optimum return.
- Ensure that company financial systems and policies are documented and monitored for compliance. Ensure that newly acquired operations are quickly assimilated and controls established.
- Assist the accountant responsible for tax and ensure that the company operates within the taxation laws i.e compliance in PAYE. CIS, VAT, Corporation tax and ensures the returns to the authorities are made on the due dates.
- Ensure the accounts are up-to-date, ledgers and bank statements are reconciled on a regular basis, the fixed asset register and stock lists constantly monitored and reported. Ensure that ledgers are periodically reviewed for "old items".
- Develop and monitor all necessary controls to ensure that the Company complies with statutory requirements.
- Recommend any changes necessary to improve the Company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Direct and control Finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
Business Development tasks
- Assist the General Manager in the due diligence and execution of acquisitions, disposals and in the preparation of financial and business models.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Company's finances and compliance with statutory requirements.
- The head of finance is authorised to spend in accordance with overall agreed budgets.
- The head of finance requires the consent of the Director’s for individual items of expenditure outside of budget limits This limit does not apply to PAYE. Corporation Tax or VAT and similar payments.
Measurement Of Performance
- The performance of the head of finance will be assessed by reference to the achievement of objectives set out in this Job Description and the annual Work Plan.
If you have at least 3 years in a similar role and feel this would be the ideal career move for yourself, please get in touch with us today.