A fantastic interim opportunity as Financial/Commercial Controller for a market leading business in its chosen field. Taking responsibility fo rthe accounting, reporting, financial control and supporting the commercial teams, with insight and analysis.
I am currently recruiting for our market leading client based in Hertfordshire, who require an interim Financial Controller to ensure effective and efficient financial accounting, management, reporting and control, and also understand the financial and commercial drivers for the business, providing support to and challenging the commercial teams, and drive ongoing improvement to commercial and financial processes, controls, and systems.
Accounting and Reporting
- Managing the production of the monthly production of management and financial accounts and reporting to Group
- Ownership of ledgers and balance sheets
- Year end production of accounts, audit and reporting to Group
- Production of statutory accounts
- Support to Commercial Manager / MD in reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Provide challenge of the business unit, ensuring financial robustness of results
- Cashflow and working capital monitoring and management
- Benefits monitoring and reporting
- Ongoing process improvement and change
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required
- Management of a team of 4
Skills & experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA, ACCA/CIMA) or overseas equivalent
- Proven business analysis skills driving benefits
- Proven business improvement / change record
- Business change / business improvement skills
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Forecasting and budgeting expertise
- Experience within the construction, and/or engineering sectors essential.
- High level of competence in excel
If you feel you meet the criteria required above, are immediately available, then please do apply or send CV to