Regional HSEQ Advisor North West Region
Regional HSEQ Advisor - North West Region - Paying £37k + (depending on experience and qualifications) - Car/Car Allowance - 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays - up to 6% matched pension cont. - 50% health care scheme - Leading international industrial services company.
Our client, a leading international industrial services company is looking for a Regional HSEQ Advisor to be based in the North West Region, with an immediate start. This is to support the Regional HSEQ Manager.
The HSEQ Advisor will be responsible for the following:
- To give, or arrange for, specific training in accident prevention to company employees and any
subcontractors, in particular on their induction to the company, and on the introduction of new or unfamiliar
work methods or equipment.
- To make recommendations at the work planning stage with a view to reducing and eliminating financial losses
due to injury, industrial disease, damage, fire, pollution and waste.
- To sustain awareness of the need for safe working practices and responsible behaviour in the minds of company
employees on the site, by regular propaganda, lectures, film shows and exhibitions.
- To investigate such accidents and dangerous occurrences as may be required by the company, with a view to
establishing the true causes, and making recommendations for the prevention of recurrences.
- To carry out regular inspections of the site, identifying hazards and contraventions of company policy,
procedures and practices, and recommending appropriate remedial action. (FO 42)
- To maintain liaison with local representatives of the Health and Safety Executive & Local Enforcing
Authorities and to ensure all accidents and dangerous occurrences on the site, which are notifiable to the
HSE, are reported in accordance with the Regulations.
- To liaise with the representatives of the client, other contractors and sub-contractors on the site who are
responsible for health and safety matters to ensure effective communication, co-operation and co-ordination
occurs between the parties. A matter of importance in this regard is the operation of permit-to- work
- To keep an accurate record of accident statistics for the sites, including the Accident Frequency Rate, the
Severity Rate, the Incidence per 1000 Employed for various Trades and the Causation Proportions, and to
return details of these to the HSEQ Manager monthly.
- To ensure a procedure for reporting faults and damage to plant and equipment is established, and understood
and acted upon by all site personnel.
- To ensure that the company fulfils its legal obligations with respect to the provision of first aid facilities, fire
precautions, statutory tests, examinations and inspections, and the provision of protective clothing and
equipment, in so far as these are required on the site.
- To ensure job specific risk assessments/method statements are produced and supervisors and operatives are
aware of their requirements.
Ideally we are looking for somebody with the following attributes:
- Drive and Energy - Understands what needs to be achieved.
- Professionalism - Openly challenges unsafe practices and behaviours. Challenges unacceptable
behaviours and practices.
- Taking Action - Thinks ahead about safety, operational and commercial problems and issues and takes
action to prevent or minimise them. Considers all options to take decisive and effective action when
problems or issues arise.
And finally we will consider candidates with the following experience:
N/SVQ in Safety (L4) or NEBOSH Diploma (minimum)
Working Knowledge of
- Planning and scheduling
- Labour Agreements
- Industrial Relations Procedures
- Performance Management and Appraisal
- Employment Law
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- IFS (HR)
- Access and Scaffolding
- Asbestos survey and removal
- Key Competences
- Safety Law (Civil & Criminal)
- Risk Assessments
- Method statements
- Site Records
- CDM Regulations
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV or call Shane Fletcher on .
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer