Our client who is an extremely successful pharmaceutical IT company, provides valuable and professional IT solutions and support to over 70 independent associated companies operating within the pharmaceutical arena around the world. The client is a small IT Company with a global reach which enables them to provide varied developmental and multi-skilling opportunities for their people, whilst being dedicated to supporting their customers to make a difference to patient’s lives. They work in partnership with IT teams in other independent associated companies within their network, based in places as widespread as the USA, Singapore and Australia.
- Help with the establishment of a function accountable for governing and coordinating architecture for Global IT from four points of view; business, application, data and technology.
- Help establish policies, processes and controls for ensuring the solution architecture delivers the IT capabilities and aligns with the Global IT Strategy and standards.
- Be a resource to helping the Technology Area Leads establish their key strategic priorities provide the challenge to ensure they meet the Global IT strategy.
- This role is responsible for the Application architecture across the Enterprise.
- Provide support and guidance to Solutions Architects and Projects.
- Understand macro trends that could affect application architecture and impact the Global IT Strategy, priorities or plan.
- Govern and coordinate Application solution architecture across Global IT.
- Responsible for understanding enterprise IT services and their strategic development in line with the business strategy and needs.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Apply a structured architecture approach and methodology to designing the Application as part of the IT Services, capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Develop and implement under the guidance of the Head of Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and Risk common standards and methods for designing, integrating, and aggregating Application architecture.
- Support and facilitate reference architectures, roadmaps and the transition from the current architecture to target future state architecture.
- Stay in contact with key vendors to scan their respective roadmaps for relevant developments for the business.
- To be successful in this role, it is imperative that the Application Architect builds excellent working relationships with the Solutions Architects and ITLT.
- Key member of the Service Portfolio Management Process; including the Service Portfolio and Service Catalogue.
- Master’s or University degree in Information Technology or in a related field;
- Demonstrate previous technical capability with industry recognised qualifications.
- A varied IT related background is desirable showing experience working with technology in multi data center enterprise environments with branch office deployments.
- IT: Advanced knowledge and practical experience in MS -Office and Outlook.
- COBIT and TOGAF qualified or equivalent experience is desirable
- Right to work in the UK
- Current driving license in the UK
- Current passport and able to travel globally
Skills and experience
- Operates at the global level with cultural awareness.
- Demonstrates clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade.
- Possesses a range of management and leadership skills.
- Influence on IT strategy and Technology Area Lead roadmaps.
- Able to apply a wide range of data, process expertise and management principles.
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports and/or other members of the team
- Experience as a developer/programmer would be beneficial