Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
TM Resourcing (Technical & Engineering) are recruiting for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer for a well-established company in Colchester.
As a result of continuous business growth they are looking to expand the team and recruit an additional Multi-skilled Maintenance engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in the career and join a well-established and successful team.
4 on 4 Off 7am,7pm - 7pm - 7am
To provide maintenance cover to a factory that runs 24/7/365 operating as main point of contact and on own initiative. Use multi-skilled knowledge whilst working within HSE regulations to maintain and enhance the performance of plant, equipment and buildings. Provide a first class, flexible support to the business maintaining production requirements and factory services at all times.
- Time served electrical / mechanical or multi - skilled apprenticeship.
- Recognised electrical or mechanical qualifications (must be qualified to 17th edition) with the ability to demonstrate and facilitate electrical competency tasks.
- Three years minimum of maintenance experience working in a production environment (post qualification).
- Competent electrical fault finding and analysis skills with the ability to read and follow electrical drawings.
- Self-managing and motivated with the ability to prioritise daily preventative maintenance tasks against customer demand call outs.
- Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work hours outside of your normal rota as the company may deem necessary to cover holidays and sickness.
- Must have some experience on pneumatic circuits.
- Must be competent and confident with both electrical and mechanical kit with a practical approach to fault finding as will be required to keep the plant operational as sole attender to call outs as well as being sole site engineer on night shift.
- Must have a positive can do attitude and be prepared to muck in with whatever is required to maintain the factory building and machinery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written / typed format, confident and competent communicator via telephones, radios and emails essential.
- Knowledge of steam boilers, steam systems.
- Knowledge of refrigeration units.
- Ability to PAT test portable appliances.
- Competency in basic plumbing or welding.
- Previous experience working in food manufacturing environment.
- A valid fork lift / cherry picker licence.
- Competent in electronic fault finding, parts replacement and able to read drawings.
- Accredited recognised Health and Safety qualification.
- Accredited recognised food safety qualification.
- First aid qualification or willing to train as a first aider.
Comply with Company SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
Ensure accurate & timely records are recorded for all work carried out inclusive of root cause / failures and spares used. Using both written systems and computers to ensure live accurate progress information.
Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged monitoring repair times, and implementing continuous improvements to reduce / remove reoccurrence.
Provide engineering / maintenance service to all elements of the business including upkeep of all equipment and building as well as minor transport fleet maintenance.
Manage contractors / issue work permits and audit works carried out in accordance with the company procedures.
Respond to all alarm calls while on shift and follow up any required actions in line with company procedures i.e. fire, temperature monitoring etc.
Respond to any other reasonable request as set out by your manager, supervisor or other function superior to ensure the continued operation of the business.
To apply for this fantastic position please follow the online instructions, email your cv or call James on .