Server Engineer - Citrix, Windows Server, Active Directory
The client is a specialist IT managed service provider with an urgent need of Technical Server Engineers to join their on-going project to provide support. The successful candidate must have Citrix, Windows Server and/or Active Directory experience.
Purpose of Job
- To work within an expanding team supporting a state of the art technical infrastructure used for the delivery of managed solutions to our client base. The role will include a mixture of 3rd Line support and technical project work.
- Actively managing and maintaining a list of assigned calls including regularly updating calls, investigative work and keeping customers up to date.
- Taking on project work as directed.
- This could involve travel to sites up and down the country and potentially nights away from home.
- Working as part of a large team to meet targets and maintain service level agreements.
- Providing advice to colleagues in the support teams.
- Working in accordance with the 3rd Line Team Leader.
- To act as an ambassador
Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a sound education at a good standard. They should be self-motivated, attentive to detail and have an obsession with providing a high level of service and customer satisfaction. He/She should be hard working, able to work under pressure, be open to new ideas and able to communicate effectively at all levels. He/she should be able to work in a most demanding environment. Extensive experience in the following areas is essential -
- Windows Server 2k3, 2k8, 2k12
- Windows Clustering
- Active directory
- Citrix Xenapp 5, 6, 6.5 deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, specifically regarding application issues, Web Interface deployment.
- Exchange 2003/10/13
- Powershell, Robocopy and MSDOS scripting
- Microsoft Hyper V
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft DFS
- SAN and NAS devices
- Windows Terminal services and Remote Desktop Services
- SSL Certificate procurement and deployment
- IIS 6 and 7 configuration
- Citrix Netscaler management and troubleshooting
- CommVault Simpana
- Microsoft DPM
- Orion Solarwinds
- The applicant should have 3+ years’ experience in supporting enterprise class I.T. Windows server environments for more than 500 users, ideally at a service provider or managed services I.T. provider.
- The successful candidate will be able to identify issues quickly, triage and resolve them, able to carry out root cause analysis, experienced in change control procedure, well-versed in the rigors of ISO27001 accreditation requirements and Data Centre etiquette.
- The applicant should be conscientious and prepared to research and resolve problems for technologies that they have not seen before as well as to learn new skills.
The applicant will also be able to demonstrate the following -
- To ensure calls are completed satisfactorily, the results and fix are updated regularly in the call and the information disseminated as necessary.
- A keen ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a technical and none technical audience.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and approach to all work related tasks.
- Be organised, motivated and have an enthusiastic personality.
- The desire to do things right first time, every time.
- Understand the need for good documentation control and system procedures and have the conviction to use these controls.
- The nature of the role will require hands on involvement in hardware and software configuration and project work on and off site.
- Ability to adapt to different challenges and situations.
- Good problem solver.
- Exceptional team player.
- Desire to learn new techniques and skills.
- Ability to work through a never diminishing call queue whilst maintaining motivation and drive.
- Hold a clean and full driving licence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960304210