Opportunity to become a founding Trustee Director of the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology; including a Treasurer role
The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) is the UK’s centre for excellence for research in terrestrial and aquatic environments and their interaction with the atmosphere. Our world-wide research programmes address some of the most complex environmental challenges facing humankind. Operating from four UK locations CEH employs 360 scientists, has 120 postgraduate students and a £40m annual budget.
Planning to become an independent, not-for-profit research institute with charitable status, CEH offers opportunities for founding Trustee Directors to form the new governing body under the chairmanship of Lord Cameron of Dillington. Collectively you will shape and oversee the further development of CEH, working with the Executive to enhance our science impact and world leading contribution to environmental science and innovation. We are particularly seeking a Treasurer to begin working with us through this period of preparation for Business Transfer.
Board or Executive Director level leadership in the private or not-for-profit sectors in the UK and /or overseas with one of the following particular areas of knowledge:
- Proven ability in leadership and expansion of scientific or technological organisations of 150+ staff;
- Financial leadership and analysis;
- Business development/knowledge exchange/commercialisation of scientific or technical products.
- People strategy and change leadership;
- Knowledge of scientific funding landscapes and effective stakeholder liaison.
Please see the Trustee Director information pack.
Closing date 15 March 2018