ABOUT WINE INTELLIGENCE LTD
Wine Intelligence was founded in 2001 to help the global wine industry understand its customers better. Today the company conducts insights and consultancy projects with trade and consumer respondents in 36 countries and is recognised as the world’s leading research-led insights, branding and marketing strategy consultancy for the wine sector. We serve an active client base of over 100, including governments, multi-national drinks businesses, retailers and brand owners.
In 2005 the company was named as one of the ten best start-up businesses in the UK in the HSBC Startup Stars Awards, and in 2009 was short-listed for International Business of the Year in the T-Mobile Fast Company Growth Awards. In December 2012 we were a finalist in the “Best Place to Work” category of the Market Research Society Awards. In 2013 the company was accredited by the Market Research Society to provide training and preparation for the MRS Advanced Certificate.
The business comprises a team of 17 permanent staff in London, plus offices in Avignon, Germany, Sydney and Valladolid plus additional freelance associates, who work on a project-by-project basis.
Most business activity at Wine Intelligence involves research and consulting projects for clients, involving both qualitative and quantitative methodologies. We also have a growing syndicated research business, which delivers regular insights to core clients about market trends and brand health-checks in over 30 wine consumption markets around the world.
This role is focused on the quantitative side of the business, supporting the Project Managers and Directors in the analysis of primary and secondary quantitative data. An important part of the role will be supervising quantitative research, and the creation of accurate, readable and stimulating reports for clients and syndicated sale.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working on quantitative research projects, including sourcing and analysing data, as well as preparation of reports for clients
- Conducting effective analysis of large datasets
- Turning raw data into tables, charts and infographics
- Working on qualitative primary data projects which will include; organising stimulus material, conducting trade interviews, supporting focus groups and analysing and writing up findings
- Supporting Project Managers and Directors to create WI industry reports and presentations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have:
- First-hand knowledge and understanding of market or social research practices and techniques, either in an academic or commercial context
- Strong working knowledge of quantitative research techniques
- Ability and confidence to translate research findings into actionable business decisions
- Superior organisational skills, strong multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English
- Advanced abilities in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to work to a high standard when under pressure
The following would also be advantageous:
- First-hand experience in the wine industry
- Fluency in Spanish
- Understanding of database management and web design
- Good working knowledge of SPSS or Q statistical analysis software
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to progress within a fast-growing multinational organisation
- Client contact and travel opportunities
- Personalised education and training plan to enhance research and/or wine knowledge
- Full immersion in the global wine industry
- Bonus worth up to 10% if salary
- No dull moments