Teacher of Chemistry
Required for September 2018
Teacher of Chemistry
Job Reference Code: FA26/2002
Salary range: M1 – M6 depending on experience
Full time, permanent post
Furness Academy are looking for a talented and inspiring teacher of Chemistry with excellent subject knowledge and a strong desire to engage students in learning. Exceptional communication skills, a passion for the subject and a commitment to promoting high standards is essential. We welcome applications from NQT’s.
- A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
- An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
- An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose;
- An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
We will offer you:
- A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
- Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
- A fully established CPD programme.
- The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
- A welcoming and dedicated Science department consisting of 6 motivated and experienced teachers, supported by one full –time and two part-time technicians
- A well-resourced department, compromising of six laboratories and three teaching classrooms.
- Raise levels of achievement for all students in the subject area.
- Secure high quality teaching and learning and lead by own example in the classroom.
- Take action to raise standards of achievement for all students.
- Take full accountability for all performance standards in the subject area.
- Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the Chemistry provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 14th March 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 16th March 2018
Interviews: week commencing 26th March 2018
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or by email via the button below or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.