Education and Skills Competitions Co-ordinator
The purpose of this role is to help co-ordinate the implementation of operational plans that deliver successful national and international skills competitions. This will include supporting the activities and actions on projects across diversity, inclusion and transfer of global standards to maximize local and national activity in the UK.
The successful applicant will have good project co-ordination skills with a high level of emotional intelligence alongside relevant experience in a fast paced environment, underpinned by a ‘can do’ work ethic and high level of probity. The successful applicant will also have a passion for developing
programmes for young people to accelerate their personal and professional development.
1. Contribute to successful delivery of WorldSkills UK’s strategic priorities and business objectives,
managing activity in accordance with the agreed project plan to ensure delivery is on time and to budget.
2. To coordinate and support mainstreamed skills competitions that raise standards of teaching and learning and serve as a key vehicle for practitioner development across the vocational education
and training sector and the workplace, including Apprenticeship/Traineeships.
3. Co-ordinate and support the planning and event delivery of national and international skills competition activity across the UK.
4. Administration and co-ordination of local and national projects i.e. Inclusive Skills, CPD, Diversity, Standards and Evaluations
5. Administration and co-ordination of programme office; project plans, reporting, finance, systems,
processes (i.e. Quality Assurance) and document management.
6. To support improved engagement in skills competitions by all Stakeholder groups and audiences.
Support the Education and Development Team by producing reports and data requests using the
organisational database and systems.
7. Supporting the Education and Skills Managers in the organisation of skills competitions, to include
administration, research of new skills competitions and the development existing portfolio.
8. Co-ordinate and support the quality assurance process working with the Education and Skills
Competition team to ensure this is completed accurately and on time to meet deadlines. Support
the recruitment and briefing of volunteers as required for the national and international competition