Market Intelligence and Support Manager
Education for Health is a leading educational charity working to improve and transform the lives of people living with long term conditions.We do this by providing high quality support, education and training for healthcare professionals around the UK, to inspire and enable them to improve the health and wellbeing of people living with long term conditions.
By placing our students at the heart of everything we do, we provide a professional, friendly and supportive learning environment.
Our courses and learning opportunities aim to inform, stimulate and challenge our students and we encourage creativity and innovation. We support students to combine work and professional development and adopt innovative teaching techniques, and embrace technology and digital solutions to enhance our teaching and learning. We are proud to work in collaboration with numerous partners in industry, NHS organisations, councils, other charities and educational organisations.
Our head office is in Warwick and we currently employ around 45 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual to join us, initially for a fixed-term contract for two years
Key responsibilities( see job description on our website for full details)
To provide an observatory function, market intelligence and support for the Education for Health teams through;
- The creation and subsequent management and analysis of public health information
- Researching local area activities and creating health profiles that collate local demographics, service provision and shortfalls
- Identify training,education and other support needs from the areas mentioned above
- Act as the internal liaison point, creating effective internal cross-team working, especially with the Innovation Unit, NHS Liaison, Partnership and Clinical teams
- Appraise current NHS activities, identifying potential consultancy opportunities and key target areas for business across the UK
- Keep abreast of Education for Health developments and resources
Experience and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at every level
- Proactive and tenacious approach
- Adopt a ‘can do’ attitude
- High attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Self-motivated: able to work alone as well as in a team
- Self- starter who enjoys change and demonstrates initiative
- Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting data effectively to a range of audiences
- Good familiarity with a range of health and social care qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques and ability to apply and present these appropriately
- Knowledge of the NHS and general healthcare, as well as how changes are affecting healthcare professionals
- IT proficiency with extensive experience of using databases and Microsoft packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Post graduate degree in Public Health or studying for same and or MBA
Interviews will take place on 23 April in Warwick
For further information please email Catherine Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org