Systems Administrator - Home/office based
We are recruiting a Systems Administrator to join our development team. KaarbonTech is a leading UK provider of asset management and surveying software to the Local Authority market. We use smart phone technology, inspection history and geographic surroundings to manage the maintenance of over 30% of the UK’s infrastructure for customers.
The ideal candidate will be keen to get on in life with a good work ethic. Attention to detail and good communication skills are also a must for this position. We are a fast-paced business that offers excellent growth opportunities to employees that can think and learn quick.
This is a home / office based role depending on location.
The core role will include some or all of the following.
- ISO 27001
- Servers: Skills/tools/areas: CentOS system administration, Puppet, Apache, backups (duplicity) DNS, perl scripts,
- Software Infrastructure: Tools: Trac, git, "Make" scripts/files for building apps, downloading apps
- Perl scripts for synchronising data, running overnight database jobs,
- Technical support
- An evolution into product development of our mobile or back end systems
- Maps and geographic data: Producing map tiles, importing client data
- Server-side system support: Providing access to the database, and supporting "cloud access" functionality, reporting and exporting:
- Area-wide tasks: Perl, Catalyst, DBIx, Template Toolkit 2, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Open Layers (map handling)
- Javasript (plus JQuery, JQM ), HTML, CSS,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960304315