Business Intelligence Developer (3-6 months contract initially)
Start date – March
We are looking to recruit an experienced BI Developer to interpret complex data and provide detailed insights into our business.
This is a pivotal role in the IT team and within Caxton, as you will provide critical information and analysis to senior management & stakeholders to build business cases that will ultimately drive business growth.
You will have extensive experience with data warehouse concepts and methodologies, and a demonstrable background in Microsoft SQL Server development and surrounding complimentary systems (SSIS, SSAS).
An expert in troubleshooting, you will resolve database problems, in particular in Performance Tuning and Optimisation, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools; backups, restores and recovery models; knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MS SQL Server; experience in implementing operational automation using scripts; and experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and disk configurations.
You will have a passion for keeping abreast with latest technological advances. You will quickly identify core issues in complex information requirements and interpret accurately the probable impacts and make important decisions independently and collectively in a team when necessary.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining Data warehouse
- Exceptional experience with MS SQL Server stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Excellent SQL Database design skills (normalised & dimensional form, indexing and query optimisation)
- Excellent TSQL skills
- Advanced ETL design and optimisation skills
- Advanced Power BI report creation and maintenance
- Kimball methodology Data Warehouse design and development
- Developed capabilities with data modelling and analysis
- OLAP – Tabular model
- Able to work in a very agile and high demand environment
- Working experience of source control – Git
- Azure / Azure blob storage
- Cosmos DB
- Previous finance reconciliation experience
Interested? Please apply now for immediate consideration.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Strictly no agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300180