Nursery Assistant - Northampton College
Northampton College is the leading provider of Further Education in Northamptonshire, and financially outstanding. Our state of the art campus and reputation puts us in a dynamic and unique position to meet both the learning and training needs of individuals and employers.
Post Holder should have a good understanding and experience of Early Years foundation stage. Have a warm friendly smart and welcoming approach to children parents and staff.
- Responding to the individual need of the children.
- Be able to communicate and share information with outside agencies when applicable always being aware of confidentiality.
- Punctual, good time keeping, flexible with hours and able to cover sickness.
- Manage time effectively. Work as part of a team using own initiative.
- Working with rotas in place within the nursery for smooth running of the day.
- Be keyworker to a group of children supporting their development and planning for their needs and next steps.
- To provide a safe and secure environment for the children.
- To plan, set up and deliver meaningful play activities.
- Providing basic physiological support for children (organising snacks, organising and running activities, toilet duties et al)
- Maintaining accurate records as directed by the supervisor.
- Providing first aid support (if qualified).
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Ensuring that staff to children ratios are maintained in accordance with the standards for Nurseries.
- Any other relevant duties as may be required.