Rail Academic Trainer (Electrical)
Rail Academic Trainer (Electrical)
A market leading organisation is currently recruiting for an Rail Academic Trainer (Electrical) to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The companies Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. They work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
As the Electrical Academic Trainer you will have an electrical engineering background with experience in teaching the academic side of specialism. You will potentially be from a maintenance, electrical engineering or possibly relevant large scale manufacturing/installation background. Key to this role is to be able to apply your experience to the academic training you will be delivering to the apprentices you are supporting within the start of their career within the rail industry.
You will work within the impressive client training centre alongside the craft trainers who focus on the Electrical and Electronic Principles and Electrical Maintenance aspects of the courses. The centre has a relaxed business focussed atmosphere; it is very well-equipped, with class room, technical craft rooms with all the relevant equipment for the courses, quiet study areas, break out areas, free parking and use on the on site gym.
The training is part of the 20 week initial training course that all apprentices on this course complete at the start of their 3 year apprenticeship. Each class is kept to a maximum of 16 candidates per group to ensure that their training can be effectively delivered.
We are looking for candidates to have strong understanding of components within the electrical engineering field; the contextual understanding of the rail industry can be developed within the training provided as part of the on boarding.
As this is an essential part of the delivery of the course there are key skills / experience we are looking for. These include -
- Effective management of resources and operational risk
- Champion a partnering approach to both business and management of people
- Experience of programme development, leadership and design
- Competent teacher / instructor with experience of delivering training within an internal training programme environment or potentially more formal environment (Desirable)
- Maintains an effective relationship with the relevant subject matter experts
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Innovative approach with a focus on results
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Candidates could hold or be looking to work towards ATLS / QTLS
This role requires an enhanced DBS through the Disclosure and Barring Service and military security clearance.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301721