Ingredients Buyer - Chilled Foods
Ingredients Buyer - Chilled Food
Location: Hounslow area
Salary: circa £30,000-£33,000 pa (negotiable dependent on experience) + bonus & benefits
Our client is a large, leading Food business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with a portfolio of chilled food products. Due to on-going growth, we are currently supporting to recruit an Ingredients Buyer to be based in the Head Office in the Hounslow area (free parking)
You will be working closely with the Development teams across site to source new ingredients and suppliers to drive innovation, managing the supplier base in conjunction to NPD requirements and negotiating and agreeing terms and conditions.
- Ensure that NPD raw material requirements are briefed in to the most appropriate supplier, achieving desired timelines, values and quality
- Work closely with the NPD teams & Chefs to build strong working relationships with them and customers
- Ensuring that you are totally aware of new market and supplier activity and feedback to the business as appropriate
- To understand customer brand values to ensure that the right raw materials are sourced
- To drive the raw material innovation programme at a site level through structured sessions and proactive investigation
- Setting up and maintaining the new supplier's data base
- Attend exhibitions / shows / training courses are attended where applicable
- To attend customer meetings and briefings as required to support and drive the agenda
- To have an understanding of the costing system, ensuring that costs are supplied as required
- Carry out relevant project work as required by the business
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm however flexibility is required as this role will require occasional travel to other company and customer sites.
The ideal candidate
- Purchasing experience in a food manufacturing environment. Chilled food would be ideal.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Computer literate
- Degree or similar level of education ideally in Food Science/Technology, or relevant science.
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPs accreditation preferred but not essential
- Must have good customer facing skills with a strong commercial awareness
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Able to work both as an individual and as a team player
- Good interpersonal skills -Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations
Armstrong Lloyd is a specialist recruitment services provider. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant, regrettably only those selected will be contacted. We will, however, keep your CV and information on file for consideration against upcoming positions. If you do not wish us to keep your CV and information on file please state on your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300562