Digital Engagement Manager - Digital Marketing
Digital Engagement Manager/ London, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne / 7 Months Contract /
250 to 300 GBP (Per Day)
**IR35 Status**The client has stated that this role is In Scope of the new off pay-role worker legislation**
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
• Support the Briefing and Engagement Manager in the delivery and continuing development of the UJ communications strategy and plan.
• Plan and implement high quality communications to raise the profile and reputation of UJ and ensure all lines to take are up to date.
• Lead activities to respond to Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information, and media requests. Responsible for drafting content and negotiating approvals.
• Build good working relationships with the Jobcentre network at all levels, providing advice and support on their UJ communications in order to gain confidence of the current service and to improve engagement.
• Build relationships with employers, employer representatives and externals, e.g Monster Worldwide Ltd, the Universal Jobmatch supplier, helping to improve the service and develop user focused external communication material.
• Manage and maintain development of the staff intranet. Update in a timely manner prior to any key events including UJ service enhancement releases.
• Be a content ambassador and key contributor to UJ information on ****** and other websites.
• Develop compelling communications to engage staff by drawing on innovative practices, such as video and social media, to get the UJ messages across to stakeholders. Monitor channels and MI and liaise with the Briefing and Operational Engagement Manager to suggest improvements to UJ communications.
• Support the Briefing and Engagement Manager with briefings for Ministers and senior leaders by commissioning input from stakeholders.
• Become the focal point for UJ communications, providing advice and support to staff on appropriate communication methods and products.
• Build strong partnerships with colleagues across the organisation, to improve understanding of the UJ service and user needs.
• Support implementation of small incremental changes to the service, working with the supplier and other stakeholders to deliver change requests.
• Identify improvements across the business based on insights from root cause analysis, trend analysis and customer feedback.
• Advocate and visibly promote the Digital Group’s Guiding Principles, and put the customer at the heart of what we do.
Skills and experience:
• Excellent collaborative skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
• Confidence to deliver at pace tailored written and verbal communications to a wide range of audiences
• Dynamic approach to changing priorities and conditions, and ability to work effectively with complexity and change
• Confidence in creating and presenting clear and accurate information to a range of senior stakeholders ensuring quality and accuracy of content
• Strong planning and organisational skills. Proven ability to multitask and work towards strict deadlines
• A strong understanding of and interest in digital technology
• Ability to analyse large amounts of complex data in order to recognise trends, issues and formulate meaningful solutions and messages
• Excellent evidence of creativity and ability to develop innovative or imaginative approaches to communications
• Proven capability to create and commission content, applying GDS design principles, quality control and ensuring appropriate approvals
• Excellent evidence of strong written and verbal communications
• Evidence of making sound judgments around communications taking into account the political and social environment and reputational risk
• Proven interest and experience in using Social Media including creation of high quality visula and written content
• Evidence of successful team and project management skills, with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects Desirable Experience
• Drafting experience of official correspondence and ministerial briefing
• Accomplished communications skills and experience, with significant evidence of successful multi-channel delivery in a low-cost comms environment
• Web content management knowledge
Has ownership for and drives delivery of specific work priorities (e.g. by channel or audience), and helps shape strategy. Works collaboratively across peer group within and beyond immediate team to deliver workplan and build capability.
• Designs and implements marketing and PR plans which use a range of channels, including stakeholders, press, digital and social media, to deliver effective and innovative communications to multiple audiences
• Provides strategic communications colleagues across Digital Group
• Builds strong alliances with partners across and beyond DWP (including Internal Comms, HR and other tech organisations’ social media teams) to create joined-up strategies and delivery plans
• Applies strong campaign management principles and quality control across work, using the GCS OASIS model, including:
o objective-setting: defining how internal and external comms support Digital goals
o insight: building comms on a clear understanding of audience characteristics, barriers and motivations
o strategy: developing insight-driven and imaginative channel plans, messages and creative approaches which reach and resonate with a range of internal and external audiences, securing necessary approvals, managing risk, and ensuring consistency with wider business strategy
o implementation: translating the strategy into an actionable plan
o evaluation: using dashboards and other tools to measure, understand and act on
• Manage plans proactively to deliver projects (often delivered concurrently) on time and to budget
• Develop the capability of self and team to build an innovative and multi-skilled function
• Provide strong and supportive line management
• Build strong working relationships with colleagues in ‘partner’ Digital functions, providing tailored expert support and constructive challenge, and building capability
• Able to build a strong technical understanding of UJ and its wider aims and objectives
• Able to quickly build a network of internal and external stakeholders with an interest in UJ and to lead and influence teams in delivering the key objectives of UJ
• Collaborating and partnering
• Delivering at pace
• Leading and communicating
• Seeing the big picture / changing and improving
• Accomplished comms and/or marketing skills and experience, with significant evidence of successful multi-channel delivery in a low-cost comms environment
• Proven ability to create and commission best-in-class content, applying design principles, quality control and ensuring appropriate approvals.
• Excellent evidence of strong written and verbal communications
• Excellent collaborative skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners (resulting in third-party advocacy, brand association or co-delivery of communications)
• Evidence of creativity and ability to develop innovative or imaginative approaches to communications
• Evidence of successful team and project management skills,with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
• A strong understanding of and interest in digital technology and agile methodology
Accreditation & Qualifications
Professional qualification desirable (e.g. CIM, CIPR, IoIC, IDM, DMI etc)
• Digital Marketing level 4
• Consultancy level 5
• Technical Specialism level 4
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303844