Assistant Test Engineer
- To provide an independent test and verification function, acting as the Customer to ensure end to end compliance/assurance across the NRTS solution
- To assist in test activities across of the NRTS technology areas including : (Proof of Concept (PoC), Dry Run, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Regression, Penetration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and in service requirement to support the development and delivery of telent NRTS solution
- To assist in the development and maintenance of the NRTS Permanent Test Environment (PTE)
- To assist in the management and maintenance of the Permanent Test Network (PTN) at Coleshill
- To maintain a register of test tools, applications and hardware used for the PTN and the RN
- The development and maintainance of test procedures and processes (aligned with Promapp, UCM, OpenTEXT and DOORS- DNG)
- The development and maintenance of test documentation
- Testing of new applications and upgrades
- Provide engineering support to the wider NRTS engineering team as required
What we are looking for from you:
- Evidence of providing hardware and software support within an operational environment
- Evidence of application support within an operational environment
- Evidence of of executing software and hardware tests
- Previous experience in building and installing IT infrastructure
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure (Hardware and Software)
- IT literate (proficient in the use windows applications and platforms)
- Good understanding of end to end applications in terms of protocols and ports
- Awareness of test tools and applications
- NVQ/BTEC or equivalent in Applied Computing, Engineering or IT related subject.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300241