Network TDA / Technical Design Architect
Network TDA (Technical Design Architect)- Sheffield
About the role
We are recruiting for the role of Network Technical Design Architect to support the existing network team on the Sheffield City Council account.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Provide network architecture resource for our client account
- Provide 3rd line support for P1 service impacting network incidents where required
- Work with the Information security manager to make sure compliance and regulatory requirements are met
- Work across other sites as required
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
What You Will Do:
- Design Fit for purpose network designs
- Be able to take customer requirements that can vary in detail and produce high quality technical designs at both high and low level of detail
- Be able to deliver designs to standards often against challenging timescales.
- Provide input to technical designs provided by other IT areas, so rounded technical knowledge is highly desirable.
- Provide direct interaction with customers as a point of technical contact.
- To support customers technical requirements in association with other business units where necessary, providing direct technical liaison for customers where required
- Working with the delivery teams of Design, Implement, Operate and their respective management, ensure that each area is delivering timely and quality services and provide technical assistance in exceptional circumstances to help control issues.
- Act as a service matter expert
- Contribute to the overall technical development of the Business
- Manage continual service delivery improvements
- Present designs to Capita Design review boards
- Support the development of Network Infrastructure, including procurement, future-proofing and options for development.
- Identify gaps with the existing network provision and identify appropriate plans to address.
Your experience will include:
- Network IP routing
- Knowledge/experience of Could Networking Specifically Azure
- Knowledge of Cisco routers/switches/firewalls
- Cisco Wireless LAN's
- Routing protocols - Eigrp/BGP
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE
- Network Monitoring - SNMP,Solarwinds.
- Good Documentation skills, Visio,Excel etc
- Team player with excellent customer facing skills
- Works well under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Good Oral and written skills
- Be able to work under minimum supervision
Please note the successful candidate will have to undergo full checks for SC clearance - this includes being a resident in the UK for the last five years without having been abroad for more than 3 months at a time.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303808