SQL Server Developer
This is an immediate requirement for a SQL Server Developer to work for a high profile London based media organisation on an initial 6 month contract.
- SQL Server 2014 or 2016
- Database design with data modelling skills, entity relationships, efficient and correct use of keys, indexes, foreign keys, normalisation and normal forms.
- Significant writing of optimised, performant SQL either as part of a data tier application such as a data warehouse, or to support a major application. This will include stored procedures, functions, views.
- Kimball design methodology, snowflake and star schemas.
- Extensive use of Integration Services (SSIS) as part of a data warehouse or similar to manage the processing of data.
- Debugging existing code and tracing data problems.
- Refactoring for performance tuning and other optimisations.
- Use of Enterprise Edition features of SQL Server
- Experience of Analysis Service (SSAS), design, set up and configuration of cubes, both tabular and multi-dimensional.
- Working in an Agile team (formal meaning), sharing work around, picking up "tickets" to work on, pair programming.
- Experience of source code control, writing automated tests, Continuous Integration and Deployment techniques. This may include Redgate SQL Source Control and ReadyRoll tools.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303936