Your Responsibilities as a Design Engineer:
- You will be responsible for the care and maintenance of variety of components and systems on the machine
- Modelling and release of components and assemblies using UG NX and TeamCenter
- Design to cost targets and co-operation with the commercial team in supplier and component selection
- Selection and specification of components and materials including cast iron / steel, rubber and plastics
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of the types of different manufacturing processes and supply chain used in the production of construction or similar equipment
- Contributing to Risk Assessment and DFMEA activities
- Meeting the customer requirements defined in the Marketing and Engineering briefs and required by company standards
- Ensuring a common design approach and maximising the commonality of systems and components across the machine range
- Hands-on prototype build support
- Problem analysis and proposal of design solutions
- Liaison with internal / external customers & departments
- For this Design Engineer role we are looking for someone with a varied Engineering background supported academically at Degree /HND level
- Someone with proven experience as a lead engineer in component/product engineering design, operating in 3D CAD environment (preferable Unigraphics NX).
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a previous success, a high level of commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm as well as a sense of urgency and ownership of projects
- Proven working knowledge of Heavy Engineering applications and development practice would be ideal
- Working knowledge of failure investigation and root cause analysis - 8D. DFMEA
- Skilled in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Potentially meeting Customers, Dealers and Suppliers the role relies on an ability to communicate well at all levels.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303825