Marine Operations & Equipment Technician
Aleading provider of oceanographic, environmental and geo scientific survey and consultancy, require a Marine Operations & & Equipment Technician. This full-time position will be based at their new facility near Newton Abbott, Devon. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of their equipment preparation and marine operations. This role underpins the quality of their marine survey operations and is a key position for their team. They will support you in your role with appropriate training and providing a dynamic working environment that ensures your role is efficient and interesting.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and pro-active individual from a technical/engineering background. They will possess a range of attributes that include basic engineering and electronics knowledge, strong I.T. skills, organised, detail focussed, able to prepare high quality documentation and be a contributing force in improving the efficiency of warehouse operations and systems. A marine or naval background would be advantageous, for example working on vessels and/or with equipment that is deployed in a marine environment (e.g. experience of preparing marine equipment, preparation of moorings or general vessel experience).
The role will carry the following duties and responsibilities
- Maintenance, servicing, testing and preparation of marine instrumentation and equipment.
- Specify and purchase mooring and equipment supplies
- Preparation of equipment moorings
- Shipping of equipment and goods.
- Maintain an asset management register of equipment and consumables.
- Maintain an established audit trail of all warehouse activities and processes.
- Maintain supplier relationships and source new suppliers where required.
- Coordinate all aspects of our warehouse operations.
- Provide regular progress updates to project managers and survey teams.
- Maintaining the road worthiness of company vehicles.
- Adherence to Health and Safety best practices in a warehouse/office setting.
- Commitment to maintaining and improving company QHSE systems.
- We are looking for applicants with the following skills, experience and competences:
- Experience of working within an engineering or technical environment with a bias to the marine environment.
- Able to communicate technical information to suppliers, colleagues, managers.
- Knowledge of either marine operations, rigging, moorings, electronics or equipment.
- Computer literate in MS Office and ideally AUTOCAD.
Further skills/qualifications beneficial to the role:
- Forklift truck license.
- Experience and qualifications in the use of hot tools, rigging, slinging and lifting.
- Basic AutoCAD/Engineering drawing skills.
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Splicing of ropes.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301949