Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Milton Keynes
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join a market leading manufacturing company in a role offering responsibility and real variety. The successful candidate should be keen to develop new skills and duties.
You would be supporting the Senior Finance Manager as part of the finance function based in the Milton Keynes office with additional support of a further company based in Hampshire. Involved in all aspects of the department, supporting internal departments with accurate and timely information, in order to assist the Senior Finance Manager and the executive teams with the decision making processes. Act as mentor and support to other team members in their respective roles throughout the accounting period.
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Management reporting, and supporting on the mid-range business plans, budgets, forecasts etc.
- Support on financial systems, procedures and internal controls
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and management reporting, including monthly management accounts and balance sheet control
- Maintain accurate month end close folders to external audit.
- Support on Monthly presentation reporting to corporate HQ
- Assisting with the annual external audit as required.
- Support on the annual budget process including periodic reforecasts and projections
- Maintain cash flow forecasts
- Prepare monthly P&L by department report with variance to budget analysis and investigate variances with departmental managers
- Year End – Assist in the production of the year end file ensuring the necessary information is in place for the auditors
- Complete Government Statutory Surveys in a timely manner
Education / Experience:
- - Accountancy qualification or significant experience in a similar role
- - 5 – 7 years relevant experience in a Finance department environment
- - Knowledge of Microsoft packages with strong/Advanced Excel skills
- - Up to date knowledge of current accounting standards and practices
- - Accurate with strong attention to detail
- - Organised and structured
- - Excellent time management skills to meet strict deadlines
- - Strong numerical aptitude
- - Good communication skills, both written and oral
- - Trustworthy, discreet and ethical
- - Strong analytical skills
- - Accountable and adaptable
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300649