Engineering Buyers, Technical Purchasing professionals this is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing manufacturing business working in the vanguard of the very latest clean technology. MAGTEC is the UK’s largest designer and manufacturer of electric drive systems. Based in the heart of Sheffield’s manufacturing hub close to junction 34 of the M1, we are ideally placed to deliver a highly professional service to customers worldwide. We are now at a vital point in our evolution with tough but achievable expansion plans we now need to recruit an experienced
In this key new position; you will ensure a wide range of mechanical and electrical components are available for production and that monthly stock targets are achieved/sustained whilst ensuring premier customer service. You will determine minimum stock levels & the location of stocks; co-ordinate deliveries and ensure MRP records are accurate and up to date.
Working closely with the senior management team, the Engineering Buyer will be involved in:
- Developing the computer based system (Sage Manufacturing Controller)
- Negotiating prices, delivery dates and quality levels
- Vendor and subcontractor assessment
- Rationalising the current supply base for a range of products
- Exploring alternative sources of sub-contract work.
The successful applicant will be a result driven individual who has the following skills and experience:
- Purchasing & stock management experience gained within a practical engineering environment
- Well organised with strong negotiation & communication skills
- Excellent administrative & IT ability
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, and proprietary Inventory Management Systems, including MRP
- Ideally can read engineering drawings
The pace of the company’s growth offers excellent career prospects for an ambitious, self-starter with a flexible “can-do” attitude.
Starting salary will reflect relevant engineering and purchasing experience.
To apply please forward your CV to our preferred recruitment partner Deborah King quoting job reference 697. All direct applications to MAGTEC will be forwarded to Management Bank Recruitment. If you require any further information not covered above telephone Deborah on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302342