Test Engineer (Contract)
Working as part of an Agile team in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment, the successful applicant(s) will be working with the development team in an Agile / Scrum environment carrying out performance, load, integration, system and / or user acceptance testing. Applicants will be required to have:
- Experience of successful delivery in complex, high risk projects;
- Experience of different project methodologies, e.g. V Model, Agile, and hybrids of the two;
- Experience of using automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Jmeter, Gatling;
- Experience of test and defect management tools. e.g. HPQC, ALM, JIRA, Bamboo;
- Good software development skills, especially .Net and Java;
- Good technical understanding of both Windows and Linux;
- Co-Coordinating test activities across the teams, creating test scripts and automating test processes;
- Interest in security as code / DevSecOps Approach.
- Experience of working as part of a test team in a mission critical environment
- Experience of Full lifecycle testing
- Experience of automated testing tools
- Testing qualifications (such as ISTQB or ISEB certification)
- An understanding of the agile development methodology
- Commitment to an ethos of superior service and the ability to work effectively whilst under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to meet the needs of a wide range of external and internal service clients and to develop effective working relationships with our customers and partners
- Ability to work without supervision to organise, prioritise, delegate and complete multiple tasks on an ongoing basis.
- Solid IT troubleshooting skills in order to deal with a wide range of different processes and systems.
- Commitment to working as a member of a team which responds flexibly to changing pressures and demands.
- Experience in ITIL-based service management and support
- Experience of configuration control
- An understanding of Software Development lifecycles
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Experience of UK Government working practices
Bloc Digital Talent Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300532