Research Design Engineer
Our client, a major diesel engine developer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a contract opportunity for a Research Design Engineer to join their team.
This role is within the Research Group based at our client's Peterborough Facility. This team develops novel engineering solutions whilst working collaboratively with European Universities, other industry partners as well as with our US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for our client within Europe.
The candidate will work on European Engine and Powertrain Research projects, sometimes leading teams or contributing to the work of others.
In this role you will apply your knowledge of internal combustion engines and/or machine design and configuration. As such you will be expected to work closely with diverse groups and present engineering decisions at design and project reviews. You will provide technical leadership in your specialist field(s), demonstrating your extensive understanding of complex engineering concepts and technology applications.
Key Responsibilities of the Research Design Engineer
- Implementing design and integration ideas, machine configuration and design in accordance with applicable design guides and standards
- Managing positive BOM for multiple engine and/or machine builds
- Managing build and mechanical durability issues
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work
- Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
- Process improvements and new process development in response to current and future customer needs
- Support, advise and mentor less experienced engineers
- Evaluate and Promote new products and processes
Qualifications and Experience required for the Research Design Engineer role
- Requires a good accredited engineering degree or equivalent and excellent analytical skills. A higher level degree would be advantageous.
- Candidates must have relevant experience in vehicle and/or machine design and configuration. Detailed diesel engine/powertrain knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- The candidate must have strong technical skills and the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302226