An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Configuration Engineer to join our team based in Derby.
The Service Readiness package for Dreadnought Class is a vital part in the timely preparation and delivery of Dreadnought Class submarines into the operational cycle. This package will provide the information required to operate, maintain and manage the submarines in the in-service environment. The Dreadnought Service Readiness Team is responsible for evaluating and defining the strategy, scope and scale of activities, including processes, infrastructure and information that is necessary for Dreadnought's entry into service.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
- Forming and maintaining various internal and external relationships and partnerships, with close links to future business digital strategies - representing the Dreadnought project by developing a suitable future position and vision, whilst maintaining good links and consistency with Nuclear Propulsion Lifetime Management (NPLM) goals and long term plans.
- Assisting in the definition of the future data state and asset management/configuration profile for Dreadnought, and influence the design of the new Service Data Management toolset (Maximo) to facilitate improved submarine availability through better data management and traceability.
- Contributing to a wide range of complementary tasks to ensure that all of the technical elements and resources are in place in the lead-up to first operation of the nuclear plant during the early commissioning phases.
- Ability to operate within a complex organisational structure and be able to demonstrate the ability to equally collaborate with and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to operate as part of an extended team, build and maintain relationships internally and over long distances, as well as ability to represent Rolls-Royce independently and be comfortable within non Rolls-Royce environments.
- Flexibility and ability to apply skills and knowledge in a wide range of related technical and project applications as the programme passes through key build, commissioning and operational stages, working with a wide range of people and skills.
- Ability to use knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactor 3 (PWR3) design.
- Degree level or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline, preferably supplemented with some experience within the Nuclear Business.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject of full UK security clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302196