Machine Controls Engineer
Machine Controls Engineer - Peterlee
Our client, a major manufacturer of Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates based in Peterlee with a globally recognised brand, has just made available an initial 6-month contract opportunity for a Machine Controls Engineer to join their team.
Electronic Controls now form the cornerstone of all major functionality on our client's Articulated Trucks. The Machine Controls Section of Global Machine Development exists to assure that development and validation of these systems are executed efficiently and effectively.
Working with partners in Electronics, IPS, Transmissions, Engines, Hydraulics, and Machine Systems, the Machine Controls Engineer plans, executes software & electronic system development and validation activities on machines at both Cornforth Proving Ground and customer locations.
Key Responsibilities of the Machine Controls Engineer
- Contributing to the creation of electronic control system development and validation schedules for NTI / NPI / CPI projects on Articulated Trucks.
- Creation of on-machine validation procedures for Articulated Trucks electronic control systems
- Planning and execution of on-machine development and validation activities, including thorough documentation of issues.
- Provide product group approval and sign off for SW enabled features.
- Facilitate and execute SW factory flashing validation including cab line, main line, PSPS and VMC.
- Support of other development and validation activities executed on-machine as technical expert for the electronic control system.
- Execute BIQ process.
- Trouble shooting machine control or machine behaviour issues including data capture and analysis.
Some travel to customer sites may be required to gather data, repair problems and perform tests.
Controls validation may include hoisting, steering, transmission, display, SW enabled machine features, payload monitoring, telematics and engine control systems.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Machine Controls Engineer role
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Science
- Understanding of electronic systems development tools and methodologies
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate technical information
- On-board or off-board machine control system development experience
- Flexible and adaptable work ethic
- Must be able to work in a diverse environment
- Experience with electronic systems development tools, including CANape, CADet, HPQC
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302283